Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering
6th October @ 9:30 am - 7th October @ 4:30 pm| £350.00
Become qualified with an accredited level 3 food hygiene certificate with Sylvia Anderson who is a subject matter expert for food safety with Highfield Qualifications.
This level 3 food safety qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualification and is delivered over 2 days via Zoom by a fully qualified and knowledgeable award-winning food safety expert.Proud to state we have a 99% pass rate with 80% students achieving a Distinction in their food safety level 3 exams.
The level 3 food hygiene course is aimed at those working in the catering industry; head chefs, kitchen managers, sous chefs, food & beverage managers, supervisors and anyone else with a responsibility for maintaining high standards of food safety plus responsible for developing a food safety management (HACCP) plan in their business and are at, or wish to progress to, a higher or supervisory level.
This course will give Chefs and Managers the tools to be able to manage their catering establishment ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application of monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
The course topics will include:
- How to comply with food safety legislation including the importance of implementing food safety management procedures;
- How to monitor good personal hygiene practices of their employees and the training and competency requirements to maintain high standards within their catering operation;
- Good practice for keeping work areas clean, hygienic and free from pests, contamination, microbiology and temperature control;
- Implementing food safety management procedures on a daily basis.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation;
- Explain the requirements for induction and ongoing training of employees to ensure competency in personal hygiene;
- Outline actions required for pest control; cleaning; disinfection and waste disposal;
- Monitor good practice regarding contamination; microbiology and temperature control;
- Apply a food safety management system into a food business and communicate methods and procedures for verifying food safety controls within their own catering environment from purchase to service.
The level 3 food safety course is delivered over 2 days via Zoom by a fully qualified and knowledgeable award-winning food safety expert. The highfield level 3 supervising food safety book, course materials, detailed handouts and course slides will be available for the candidate once payment is received. Candidates will be able to ask questions, join in live discussions and group activities and complete sample exam questions.
- Photographic ID
- PC/Laptop PC or Laptop running Windows 7 or higher, or a Mac running iOS X or higher
- Smartphone running Android 4.1 or IOS 8.0 with camera / video functionality.
- Good internet connection
- Personal email address
Exam is completed via Remote Invigilation. Exam date to be arranged with Highfield Qualifications.
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications
Course Duration: 16 hours guided learning (2 days)
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by an end-of-course 90-minute 45 question multiple choice exam paper achieving 30/45 60% pass mark (36/45 Distinction).
Successful candidates receive a level 3 food safety certificate upon passing the multiple-choice exam.
Progression: Highfield Level 4 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)