Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
22nd November 2021 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
One event on 22nd October 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on 22nd November 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on 13th December 2021 at 9:30 am
Food business operators are required by law to ensure that food handlers receive food hygiene training in line with their work activity and must enable them to handle food safely.
This level 2 food safety qualification is accredited by Highfield and is delivered over one day via Zoom by a fully qualified and knowledgeable award-winning food safety expert. Our pass rate first time is 99%.
This one-day food safety training course is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in catering role, or to support a role in the workplace.
To provide food handlers with clear guidance in the storage, preparation, cooking and the handling of food to enable the business to operate within legislation and ensure good practice and the production of safe food for their customers.
The topics covered in this qualification are essential to the production of safe food. Subjects covered include:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety;
- The importance of food handlers keeping themselves clean and hygienic;
- Clear guidelines on how to keep their own work area and equipment clean and hygienic;
- The importance of keeping food products safe including safe handling and temperature control practices for delivery, storage, date marking, stock rotation, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting of all foods.
- Reporting on food spoilage and other daily reporting responsibilities including temperature controls.
This level 2 food hygiene qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Allow individuals to take personal responsibility for food safety in their role and avoid unsafe behaviour;
- Understand the importance of their own personal hygiene and how to carry out good personal hygiene practices including identifying the risks of cross contamination;
- Understand the importance of keeping their own workspace clean and hygienic in a catering environment;
- Understanding the role they play within their catering environment in keeping the food safe for the customer to consume on a daily basis.
The level 2 food safety course is delivered over 1 day via Zoom by a fully qualified and knowledgeable award-winning food safety expert. The Highfield level 2 in food safety book, course materials, detailed handouts and course slides will be available for the candidate once payment is received. Candidates will be able to ask questions, join in live discussions and group activities and complete sample exam questions.
- Photographic ID
- PC/Laptop PC or Laptop running Windows 7 or higher, or a Mac running iOS X or higher
- Smartphone running Android 4.1 or IOS 8.0 with camera / video functionality.
- Good internet connection
- Personal email address
Exam is completed via Remote Invigilation. Exam date to be arranged with Highfield Qualifications.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications
Course Duration: 7 hours guided learning (1 day)
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by an end-of-course 45-minute 20 question multiple choice exam paper achieving 12/20 60% pass mark
Progression: Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years