Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
One event on 25th April 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 21st May 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 11th June 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 3rd July 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 12th September 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 8th October 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 28th November 2019 at 12:00am
This one day Food Safety Training Course and qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in catering role, or to support a role in the workplace.
Overview and Benefits
To provide food handlers with clear guidance in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food to enable the business to operate within legislation and ensure good practice and the production of safe food for their customers.
The topics covered in this qualification are essential to the production of safe food. Subjects covered include:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety;
- The importance of food handlers keeping themselves clean and hygienic;
- Clear guidelines on how to keep their own work area and equipment clean and hygienic;
- The importance of keeping food products safe including safe handling and temperature control practices for delivery, storage, date marking, stock rotation, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting of all foods.
- Reporting on food spoilage and other daily reporting responsibilities including temperature controls.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Allow individuals to take personal responsibility for food safety in their role and avoid unsafe behaviour;
- Understand the importance of their own personal hygiene and how to carry out good personal hygiene practices including identifying the risks of cross contamination;
- Understand the importance of keeping their own workspace clean and hygienic in a catering environment;
- Understanding the role they play within their catering environment in keeping the food safe for the customer to consume on a daily basis.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications
Course Duration: 7 hours guided learning (1 day)
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by an end-of-course 45 minute 20 question multiple choice exam paper achieving 12/20 60% pass mark.
Progression: Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years