Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 2 Award in Healthy Food and Special Diets (RQF)
8th October 2019| £80
This qualification will benefit anyone who prepares and serves food as it is designed to provide a basic understanding of nutrition and the requirements of special diets to enable the planning of well-balanced meals that have a positive impact on health. This could include chefs, kitchen porters, waiting staff, health care workers and childminders.
Overview and Benefits
This nutritional course includes the nutritional guidelines for a healthy diet including covering the impact of diet on health. It is perfect for those learners wanting to understand more about special diets for different cultures; health issues and food preparation techniques for those on special diets including those with allergies and other intolerances.
This course will cover:
- A healthy diet including The Eatwell Guide;
- Essential nutrients;
- Impact of diet on health;
- Food preparation techniques to help maintain the nutritional value of food;
- Main feature of special diets.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the principle of healthy diets;
- Plan and provide special diets including food preparation techniques;
- Understand special diets through life stages.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: 6 hours guided learning
Assessment: The examination for this qualification contains 20 questions that must be completed within 30 minutes. 14 out of 20 correct answers is the pass mark.
Progression: Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)