Level 2 Award in Fire Safety / Fire Marshal
22nd September 2021 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm| $120.00
This qualification is aimed at managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
Overview and Benefits
This qualification covers the subject of fire safety which is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace. Learners will be able to not only recognise what the common hazards and causes of fire are but will also learn the steps within a fire risk assessment and how to reduce the likelihood of fire within their workplace.
The course topics will include:
- Most common causes of fire within the workplace;
- Components of the fire triangle;
- Fire Hazards and spread of fire;
- Fire risk assessment including signage, clear route to safety, refuge and assembly points;
- Types of fire-fighting equipment;
- Duties of employers and employees in fire safety in the workplace;
- The role of the Fire Warden.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace;
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace;
- Understand the duties of the employer; employee and the fire warden on a day to day basis; during an emergency and if they are away when an alarm is raised.
Awarding Body: Highfield Accredited
Course Duration: 6 hours guided learning (1 day)
Assessment: 20-question multiple-choice examination that must be completed
within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge across the unit content and correctly answer 12 questions or more to pass.