Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
4th September 2019
One event on 1st October 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 4th November 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 19th November 2019 at 12:00am
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
Overview and Benefits
This qualification covers the topics regarded by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as being important to maintain good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
The course includes:
- Practical observation across a number of areas including demonstrating practical first aid skills using different techniques;
- Identification and safe use of First aid equipment;
- Assess casualties both breathing and non-breathing and apply first aid including Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- How to control bleeding;
- How to manage a casualty suffering from shock;
- Identify and manage a minor injury using the on-site first aid kit.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a First Aider;
- Be able to assess an incident;
- Have the ability to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty;
- Have the ability to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking;
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding;
- Manage a casualty who is in shock;
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: Minimum 7 hours guided learning (1 day)
Assessment: Practical demonstration and multiple choice questions.
Please note for in-house courses we can only train up to 12 delegates at a time and need a large room to allow for demonstrations.