Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management in Catering
One event on 29th November 2019 at 12:00am
This Food Allergen Management course is recommended for food handlers and other staff involved in food preparation and service who work within the catering industry.
Overview and Benefits
To provide all food handlers with the confidence that they have the understanding and awareness to work compliantly within legislation and reduce their business risk by protecting their customers from an allergic reacti
This course will cover in more detail the following outcomes:
- Understand the characteristics and consequences of food allergies and intolerances;
- Understand procedures for identifying and controlling contamination from allergenic ingredients;
- Understand procedures for the accurate communication of allergen information to the consumers.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the importance of providing accurate allergen information and the implications of not doing so;
- Identify symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerances including mild and life threatening;
- Identify common food allergens and food causing intolerances;
- Have essential skills and knowledge to prevent food poisoning from allergens through appropriate hygiene controls;
- Have a better understanding of how to comply with legal obligations;
- Understand cross contamination and common sources and vehicles of allergenic contamination at specific processes within their day to day role;
- Provide allergen information to customers and staff.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications
Course Duration: 4 hours guided learning
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by an end-of-course 15 question multiple choice exam paper. The pass mark for the paper is 9 out of 15 questions correct (60%).
Prerequisite: None. Suitable for learners aged 14+
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years