Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
One event on 3rd December 2018 at 12:00am
One event on 10th April 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 13th June 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 30th September 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 4th December 2019 at 12:00am
This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in their workplace.
Overview and Benefits
The course allows learners to understand their own responsibilities and the responsibilities of their employer to manage the health and safety within their own working environment to allow for good health and the actions required to control safety and report when something goes wrong.
This qualification will cover:
- The role and duties for both employer and employee relating to health, safety and welfare at work;
- The process of risk assessment including hazard, risk, accident, near miss and risk assessment;
- How a risk assessment can improve health and safety at work;
- How to reduce accidents, near misses and ill-health through managing typical hazards and controls;
- The procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the role of the employer to provide a safe place of work;
- The duty of and benefits of health and safety in the workplace for employees including what is moral, economic or legally required;
- Identify hazards and people at risk within the workplace and apply control measures;
- Identify risk controls required to keep employees safe and what do in an emergency;
- Identify the different classes of standard health and safety signage and where PPE is required within their workplace.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: Minimum 6 hours guided learning (1 day)
Assessment: The examination for this qualification contains 20 questions that must be completed within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%.
Progression: Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)