Course sessions start at 9:30am and end at 16:30pm
Highfield Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering / for Food Manufacturing (RQF)
9th July 2019 - 10th July 2019
One event on 9th July 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 20th November 2019 at 12:00am
This course is recommended for business owners, managers and supervisors of catering operations who are responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of HACCP systems. It is suitable for those owning/managing smaller food businesses to give them the underpinning knowledge to implement an appropriate food safety management system based on HACCP principles. It is intended predominantly for candidates already working in catering, with a sound knowledge of food safety, hazards and controls.
Overview and Benefits
HACCP is regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food. This course meets the EU legislation and covers the importance of a business having HACCP-based food safety management procedures in place and the processes involved such as prerequisites, process flow diagrams and determining critical control points. It also covers how to develop and implement HACCP-based food safety management procedures in a catering business and how this will vary from business to business.
This course can be tailored to your business and will cover:
- The importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures in a catering environment;
- The seven basic principles of HACCP and how these relate to a food safety management system;
- Legal requirements required to remain compliant;
- Food safety management tools assist in implementing HACCP requirements.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understanding the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures;
- Understand the legal requirements for businesses to adopt a food safety management procedure;
- State 7 principles of HACCP as stated in Codex Alimentarius and describe the 12 logic steps to HACCP;
- Understanding the controls needed to ensure the safety of food and how these should be monitored and establish a corrective action plan for their business;
- Outline verification and review procedures including review of the food safety management system in place;
- Understand how to identify the size and complexity of the food safety management system they require for their own business and why the implementation of HACCP may fail.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: 14 hours guided learning
Assessment: 30-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 2 hours. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 18 out of 30. Learners will achieve a Distinction if they achieve 24 out of 30. Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years
Progression: Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)