Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 3 Award in Health & Safety within the Workplace (RQF)
12th March 2019 - 14th March 2019
One event on 20th August 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 5th November 2019 at 12:00am
This qualification is designed to provide learners already working in the capacity of supervisor, manager or team leader with knowledge of how to manage health and safety within their workplace.
Overview and Benefits
The course allows learners to understand the requirements of health, safety and welfare; the benefits of a health and safety management system; the risks and control measures for common workplace hazards; how to manage the effects of incidents and accidents; and the principles of risk assessment.
This qualification will cover:
- The role and duties for both employer and employee relating to health, safety and welfare at work;
- The benefits of using a safety management system;
- The principles of risk assessment including assessing and controlling risks; types of risk assessment; where they are necessary and the steps to complete a full risk assessment;
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand how to manage the effects of accidents and incidents including the ability to take action following an incident and what investigation techniques need to be used.
- Understand the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace including:
- The main legal framework and laws relating to health and safety at work;
- The welfare provisions that should be made by the employer;
- The sources and nature of information;
- Ways that health and safety information can be communicated;
- The main causes of injuries and ill health at work.
- Understand the benefits of using a safety management system:
- The costs associated with accidents and ill health;
- The typical elements of a safety management system;
- The benefits of good health and safety standards working within the law.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment:
- The benefits of assessing and controlling risks at work;
- The different types of risk assessment that can be used;
- Where specific risk assessments may be required;
- The steps to be taken to complete a simple risk assessment.
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards:
- How the risks from different hazards may be affected by occupational, environmental, human and organisational factors;
- How injuries, ill health and other damage may result following exposure to common workplace hazards;
- Suitable risk control measures using the principles of the hierarchy of control.
- Understand how to manage the effects of accidents and incidents:
- The actions that need to be taken following an accident or incident in the workplace;
- How simple accident investigation techniques can reveal immediate and root causes.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: Minimum 21 hours guided learning (3 days)
Assessment: The examination for this qualification contains 60 questions that must be completed within 120 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 40 out of 60.