Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
25th March - 27th March
One event on 7th May 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 25th June 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 13th August 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 11th September 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 22nd October 2019 at 12:00am
One event on 25th November 2019 at 12:00am
Overview and Benefits
The Level 3 in Supervising Food Safety in Catering will give Chefs and Managers the tools to be able to manage their catering establishment ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application of monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
This qualification is aimed at those working in the catering industry who are at, or wish to progress to, a higher or supervisory level.
The course topics will include:
- How to comply with food safety legislation including the importance of implementing food safety management procedures;
- How to monitor good personal hygiene practices of their employees and the training and competency requirements to maintain high standards within their catering operation;
- Good practice for keeping work areas clean, hygienic and free from pests, contamination, microbiology and temperature control;
- Implementing food safety management procedures on a daily basis.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation;
- Explain the requirements for induction and ongoing training of employees to ensure competency in personal hygiene;
- Outline actions required for pest control; cleaning; disinfection and waste disposal;
- Monitor good practice regarding contamination; microbiology and temperature control;
- Apply a food safety management system into a food business and communicate methods and procedures for verifying food safety controls within their own catering environment from purchase to service.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications
Course Duration: 25 hours guided learning (3 days)
Assessment: This qualification is assessed by an end-of-course 90 minute 45 question multiple choice exam paper achieving 27/45 60% pass mark (36/45 Distinction)
Progression: Highfield Level 4 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years