Level 4 in Food Safety in Catering
7th September @ 9:30 am - 5th October @ 4:30 pm| £695.00
This level 4 food safety management qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualification and is delivered over 5 days via Zoom by a fully qualified and knowledgeable award-winning food safety expert. Our pass rate first time is 99% with over 80% of students achieving a Distinction.
The level 4 food hygiene management course is aimed at those working in the catering industry; head chefs, kitchen managers, sous chefs, food & beverage managers, supervisors and anyone else with a responsibility for maintaining high standards of food safety plus responsible for developing a food safety management (HACCP) plan in their business and are at, or wish to progress to, a higher or supervisory level.
The candidate will gain essential knowledge in how to effectively implement and maintain an effective food safety management system, promote a positive food safety culture and comply with current food safety legislation.
Course materials include a comprehensive level 4 food safety and hygiene management textbook, course workbook and detailed handouts.
- An introduction to food safety
- Foodborne diseases and food poisoning
- Food contamination and control
- Safe storage and temperature control
- Food spoilage and preservation
- The management of personal hygiene for food handlers
- The design and construction of a food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfections methods
- Integrated pest control
- Food safety management systems and HACCP
- Essential auditing skills
- The role and responsibilities of the manager
- Food safety culture
The level 4 food safety course is delivered over 5 days via Zoom by a fully qualified and knowledgeable award-winning food safety expert. The highfield level 4 in managing food safety book, course materials, detailed handouts and course slides will be available for the candidate once payment is received. Candidates will be able to ask questions, join in live discussions and group activities and complete sample exam questions.
- Photographic ID
- PC/Laptop PC or Laptop running Windows 7 or higher, or a Mac running iOS X or higher
- Smartphone running Android 4.1 or IOS 8.0 with camera / video functionality.
- Good internet connection
- Personal email address
Exam is completed via Remote Invigilation. Exam date to be arranged with Highfield Qualifications.
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications
Course Duration: 40 hours guided learning (5 days)
Assessment: This qualification is assessed through a two-part examination.
Course delegates are required to sit a 2-part 2.5-hour examination.
Part-1 is a 30-minute multiple choice examination
Part-2 is a written examination where learners choose 4 from 6 questions to answer.
The candidate must achieve a total of at least 50 marks out of 100 across the two parts of the exam. A Merit will be awarded at 60/100 and a Distinction will be awarded at 70/100. The duration of the examination is 2 ½ hours.
Successful candidates receive a level 4 food safety certificate upon passing the multiple-choice exam. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course will take place over 5 days in September and October:
- Tuesday 7 September 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 14 September 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 21 September 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 28 September 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 5 October 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm