Highfield Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service (RQF)
This regulated qualification has been designed for delivery to all learners working or preparing to work in a customer service role or where using a telephone is a part of their role.
This qualification covers the principles of customer service, including how to meet customers’ expectations, the importance of appropriate behaviour and communication techniques, as well as ways to deal with problem customers.
The course topics will include:
- Principles of customers service;
- How customer needs and expectations are formed;
- The interpersonal skills and appropriate behaviour required in a customer-facing environment;
- The principles of responding to customers’ problems or complaints.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Identify the purpose of customer service;
- Describe how customer service affects the success of an organisation;
- Identify the different types of customers an organisation may have;
- Identify the range of customer needs;
- Describe how effective teamwork impacts on customer service;
- Describe the purpose of an organisation’s service offer;
- Describe how customer expectations are formed;
- Describe the relationships between customer expectations and customer satisfaction;
- Identify why it is important to ensure effective customer relationships are maintained;
- Identify methods of obtaining customer feedback and why this is important;
- Identify different methods of communication;
- Describe the range of interpersonal skills required for effective customer service;
- Explain how non-verbal communication of the service deliverer can affect the behaviour of the customer;
- Describe how personal presentation, approach and attitude will influence the perception of the service delivered;
- Describe the appropriate behaviour and customer service skills required when using the telephone;
- Explain why it is important to ensure that the customer is informed and reassured at all stages;
- Identify common causes of customer problems and complaints;
- Describe the importance of adapting methods of communication and behaviour to meet the individual needs of customers;
- Describe ways of handling difficult customer situations;
- Explain the importance of responding to customer service issues promptly;
Awarding Body: HABC Accredited
Course Duration: 6 hours guided learning (1 day)
Assessment: This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30.