To provide food handlers with clear guidance in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food to enable the business to operate within legislation and ensure good practice and the production of safe food for their customers.
The topics covered in this qualification are essential to the production of safe food. Subjects covered include:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety;
- The importance of food handlers keeping themselves clean and hygienic;
- Clear guidelines on how to keep their own work area and equipment clean and hygienic;
- The importance of keeping food products safe including safe handling and temperature control practices for delivery, storage, date marking, stock rotation, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting of all foods.
- Reporting on food spoilage and other daily reporting responsibilities including temperature controls.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Become part of the team involved in maintaining the principles of HACCP within their business on a daily basis;
- Understand how to verify, review and document HACCP systems in a catering environment;
- Identify the hazards (microbiological, physical, chemical and allergenic) within their business and what controls are required;
- List the 7 principles of HACCP as defined by CODEX.
At Sylvia A Consultancy we regularly deliver our award winning level 2 food safety training courses at our training centre in Central Wimbledon, SW19, London and deliver in-house bespoke accredited Highfield training courses level 2 food safety by Food Hygiene Expert, Sylvia Anderson in Food Hygiene, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Hygiene Ratings, Allergens Awareness and Allergen Management.
We also support our local clients in Mayfair, Kings Road, Knightsbridge, South Kensington, Chelsea, Soho, Marylebone, Westminster, Hyde Park, Camden, Southwark, Wimbledon Village, Putney, Wandsworth, Southfields, Raynes Park, Morden, Sutton, Merton, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Cobham, Hampton, Surbiton, Woking, Weybridge, Teddington, Twickenham, Epsom, Esher, Leatherhead, Guildford, Camberley, Farnham and Purley.
We also cover Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, West Sussex, Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire.