This qualification is to support a role within the workplace and allows the learner to have the knowledge and skills required to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them within their own workplace.
This course will cover:
- Principles of hazardous substances within the workplace;
- How hazardous substances can cause hazards and risks to health within the workplace;
- How risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances within the workplace;
- The precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the duties of the employer / employee for the safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of hazardous substances;
- Identify different forms of hazardous substances;
- The effects they may have following exposure for risk to people;
- How hazardous substances can enter the body;
- Risk control hierarchy;
- COSSH symbols;
- Types of information used to communicate hazardous substances;
- What to do in an incident.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: Minimum 5 hours guided learning (1/2 day)
Assessment: The examination for this qualification contains 15 questions that must be completed within 30 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the unit content and correctly answer 9 questions to achieve a pass.
Progression: Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF)
Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)afety within the Workplace (RQF)
Level 3 Award in Supervising Health & Safety in the Workplace