HACCP is regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food. This course meets the EU legislation and covers the importance of a business having HACCP-based food safety management procedures in place and the processes involved such as prerequisites, process flow diagrams and determining critical control points. It also covers how to develop and implement HACCP-based food safety management procedures in a catering business and how this will vary from business to business.
This course can be tailored to your business and will cover:
- The importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures in a catering environment;
- The seven basic principles of HACCP and how these relate to a food safety management system;
- Legal requirements required to remain compliant;
- Food safety management tools assist in implementing HACCP requirements.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understanding the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures;
- Understand the legal requirements for businesses to adopt a food safety management procedure;
- State 7 principles of HACCP as stated in Codex Alimentarius and describe the 12 logic steps to HACCP;
- Understanding the controls needed to ensure the safety of food and how these should be monitored and establish a corrective action plan for their business;
- Outline verification and review procedures including review of the food safety management system in place;
- Understand how to identify the size and complexity of the food safety management system they require for their own business and why the implementation of HACCP may fail.
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualification
Course Duration: 14 hours guided learning
Assessment: 60-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 2 hours. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 40 out of 60. Learners will achieve a Merit if they achieve 50 out of 60.
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years.
Progression: Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising HACCP for Catering